Targeting Human TraffickingPublished on November 28, 2019
Human Trafficking is an evil crime that affects thousands of women and girls in Ontario. Our Government is determined to identify and arrest traffickers and support victims, and ultimately hold offenders accountable for their actions.
This is why our Government announced $20 million in yearly funding dedicated to support survivors, support victims and better train law enforcement agencies.
The new funding will support specific initiatives such as:
- An Anti-Human Trafficking Community Supports Fund;
- An Anti-Human Trafficking Indigenous-Led Initiatives Fund;
- A Provincial Anti-Human Trafficking Coordination Office;
- A Youth-In-Transition Worker Program;
- An Ontario Police College Human Trafficking Training Program;
- An Ontario Provincial Police Anti-Human Trafficking Investigation Coordination Team;
- An Anti-Human Trafficking Intelligence Team within Criminal Intelligence Service Ontario;
- A Victim/Witness Assistance Program;
- A Victim Quick Response Program+;
- A new Victim Crisis Assistance Program and;
- A specialized Provincial Human Trafficking Prosecutions Team.
This new initiative will target the heinous crime of Human Trafficking with a renewed focus fueled by updated resources and funding.
We will always stand up for victims of crime and will fight for criminals to be brought to justice.