Change that works for rural and small town OntarioPublished on January 23, 2018
TORONTO – Today at the Rural Ontario Municipal Association conference, Ontario PC Leader Patrick Brown outlined how the People’s Guarantee will improve the lives of families living in rural Ontario.
“The Ontario PCs have been standing up for rural Ontario since day one,” added Brown. “Our plan will make life more affordable for everyone and will give rural Ontario the respect it deserves."
"That’s change that works for rural and small town Ontario.”
- Scrap the Green Energy Act and restore local decision-making for green energy projects;
- Invest $124 million to build and upgrade local recreational infrastructure such as rinks, pools and playgrounds;
- Increase access to affordable natural gas by allowing privately funded natural gas expansion in rural communities;
- Make broadband and cellular infrastructure projects eligible under the Ontario Community Infrastructure Fund, and put up to $100 million towards funding these projects directly;
- Reverse the Liberals’ $70 million cut to the Ontario Municipal Partnership Fund, which helps to fund key municipal services and infrastructure upgrades;
- Reform Ontario’s joint and several liability system to protect taxpayers.